Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Kid with a Balloon

I bumped into "Out of Africa" on HBO. I went to that movie when I was in high school and I fell asleep. When I woke up, I got confused with the twin brothers. Having heard my experience, everyone said, "What are you talking about? There is no twin brothers in Out of Africa."

A good twenty years later, I can relate myself to the theme of the movie: freedom vs. love. I'm touched by Maryl Streep's performance but I'm more a Robert Redford in life who needs to be away from time to time. Not away to be with another woman, although we cannot rule out that possibility; not away to hunt, although sometimes it is; he is away because he needs to be away from maybe everything, including the woman he truly loves.

I am a kid with a balloon in my hand. It is too often that I get invited to a house but the door closes as soon as I enter and shuts out my balloon. This time I'm going to tell the host, "I want my balloon."

--An old entry from an old blog

Technorati Tags:, , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment